Below is a listing of books that I would typically recommend to someone who is interested in tackling a bit of Moltmann but isn’t used to theologically dense reading like you’d find in most of his major works. I’m sure other works would also be appropriate but did not occur to me (for a full listing of Moltmann’s works visit here). Two of these are collections of sermons (The Power of the Powerless and The Gospel of Liberation), while others are basically Cliff Notes versions of some of his more substantive works. His most recent work, The Living God and the Fullness of Life, is an excellent place to start even if you have no background in theological thinking.
- The Gospel of Liberation, 1974: Print
- The Power of the Powerless, 1983: Print
- Jesus Christ for Todays World, 1994: Print | Kindle
- The Source of Life: The Holy Spirit and the Theology of Life, 1997: Print | Kindle
- Science and Wisdom, 2003: Print | Kindle
- In the End-The Beginning, 2004: Print | Kindle
- Ethics of Hope, 2012: Print | Kindle
- The Living God and the Fullness of Life, 2015: Print
I should also mention that Jürgen Moltmann: Collected Readings is also an excellent primer on Moltmann (though involving a little more heavy lifting than most of the works above, as it contains selections from his more substantive works). I reviewed this Moltmann reader here.